WeldFab Tech Awards 2019: 1st Time in India for Welding Segment
- Eliza Bhalerao, Publisher & Editor, WeldFab Tech Times
WeldFab Tech Awards 2019 winners.
With an objective to encourage and reward the welding industry for their excellence and innovations, WeldFab Tech Awards 2019 was organized on 14th September at Hotel Sahara Star, Mumbai.
For the First Time in India, an Awards Night was held exclusively for the welding fraternity. WeldFab Tech Times, India’s only welding magazine organized this blissful event, and was successful in gathering various sectors like welding, fabrication, steel, power, aerospace, government organizations, railways, etc under one roof of WeldFab Tech Awards 2019.
A special thanks to all our esteemed sponsors:
- IPG Photonics India Pvt Ltd
- Power 2U Technology India Pvt Ltd
- Innover Global @ Sportniya Inc
- Universal Orbital Systems Pvt Ltd
- Warpp Engineers Pvt Ltd
- Zetwerk Manufacturing Business Pvt Ltd
- Cliffkumar Engineering Pvt. Ltd.
- Fronius India Pvt Ltd
- MSC | Mehta Sanghvi & Co
- Mogora Cosmic Pvt. Ltd
- Panasonic India Pvt Ltd
- Rilox Weld Equipments
The event started with lamp lightening by our honorable Chief Guest Dr. P.V. Venkitakrishnan, Outstanding Scientist, Director, CBPO, ISRO; our Guest of Honor Shri Santosh Kumar Sinha, General Manager, Indian Ordnance Factory Board, Ambernath; and by the expert jury members which includes;
- Renu N. Gupta, Sr. DGM – Welding Engg. & Metallurgy, Larsen & Toubro, HEIC
- A. Shivkumar, Member Advisory Council Business Development Bureau, Retired Chief Executive of EWAC Alloys Ltd
- Dr. Nisith R. Mandal, FIE, FRINA. Ex – Professor & Head, Dept. of Ocean Engg & Naval Architecture, Ex – Dean (Students’ Affair), Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur
- R. Srinivasan, Ex President, Indian Institute of Welding
- A Santhakumari, Addl. General Manager, Welding Research Institute, Bharat Heavy Electricals Ltd, Tiruchirappalli
- Jose Philip, Chief Executive Officer, Tecpro Infra Projects Ltd
The awards night also witnessed a glimpse of panel discussion on a topic “What can be the initiatives taken up to uplift the technical knowledge and overall development of SME & MSME’s in Welding,” by highly profiled panellists – Mr. Abby Joseph, MD, Voestalpine Bohler; Mr. G. A. Soman, Principal, Don Bosco Maritime Academy, and Moderator Mr. Deepak Acharya, CEO, INOX India Pvt. Ltd.
Besides, the 2nd Anniversary Issue of WeldFab Tech Times magazine was unveiled by the Chief Guest, Guest of Honor, panelists, Director Mr. Amol and Publisher & Editor- Ms. Eliza Bhalerao.
The awards presentation started with great enthusiasm for various categories. The winners are as follows;
|Start Up Award||
Power2U Technology India Pvt. Ltd.
|Medium Business Award||
Raajratna Electrodes Pvt Ltd
|Dynamic Business Award||
voestalpine Bohler Welding India Pvt. Ltd.
|Innovative Product Award||
– Fronius India Pvt Ltd
– EWAC Alloys Limited
Young Entrepreneur Award
Nimesh Chinoy (Electronics Devices Worldwide Pvt Ltd.)
Best Welding Training Provider Award
||Advance Institute of Welding Technology|
Ramakanth & Prabhudas (Directors, Warpp Engineers Pvt. Ltd)
Masafumi Himeno (Divisional Managing Director, Panasonic Smart Factory Solutions India
LifeTime Achievement Award
D. S. Honavar (Chairman, Honavar Electrodes Pvt Ltd)
|Dynamic Entrepreneur Award||
Keyur Sanghvi (Mehta Sanghvi & Co)
Dynamic Engineer Award
– Dr. Krishnan Sivaraman (Larsen & Toubro Ltd)
– R. G. Rangasamy (Bhavini), Department Of Atomic Energy)
Young Engineer Male Award
T. Nakkeran (TechnipFMC Pvt Ltd)
Kevin Prakash (Larsen & Toubro Ltd, Tamilnadu)
Dr. Kush P. Mehta (Pandit Deendayal Petroleum University (PDPU))
Young Engineer Female Award
Jooi Bhatt (Inox India Pvt. Ltd.)
||Fronius India Pvt Ltd|
Inspiring Project Award
Friction Welding Technologies Pvt. Ltd. (Brahmos Missile)
Pradeep Yadav (Jindal Steel & Power Ltd)
G Koteshwar Reddy (Mahindra & Mahindra Ltd)
Komal Chaugule (GE India Industrial Pvt Ltd)
Rasika Lokhande (Mahindra Vehicle Manufacturers Ltd)
WeldFab Awards : There are few exceptional companies, associations and researchers that continue to develop new welding methods and gain greater understanding of weld quality. They have welded our knowledge and immensely contributed to join the welding industry. This award category has been designed exclusively for them. The winners are as follows;
|| Welding Research Institute Klinweld Wires Pvt. Ltd The IndianInstitute of Welding Godrej Aerospace Indian Welding Society Jindal Steel & Power Ltd (NTPC TANDA Thermal Power Project Stage-I & II) Yaskawa India Pvt Ltd |
WeldFab Tech Awards will be back in 2021. Stay connected…